Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Thanksgiving Post

Okay, so Thanksgiving was almost 2 weeks ago, but hey, I'm barely keeping my head above the water here. The house is finally getting back to normal, Christmas decorations are slowly going up, we're still in process of Christmas shopping, and haven't wrapped a single thing. I did order Christmas cards yesterday. It'll be a miracle if we get them in and I get them all addressed and sent before Christmas.

So anyhoo, as for my Thanksgiving post. We headed to my parents on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, giving us almost a full day to just chill there before any holiday activities. While the others were cooking on Thanksgiving morning (Braden and I had cleanup duty instead), Poppa, Braden, and I took the kiddos to the local fire station. My dad used to volunteer there until recently but we were able to "sneak" in anyway and show the kids around. Ethan LOVED it (Blythe had been there once before, but still had a good time).


Ethan kissed the trucks all goodbye before we left and he wanted to watch my video clips of their trip to the fire station over and over and over again. He calls fire trucks "aba ducks", so he kept talking about the aba ducks for the rest of the trip.
Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. My pregnant self had lots of food. My very picky daughter had some sweet potatoes and rolls.
To get out of the house, we braved the largest mall in Charlotte (Concord Mills) on Black Friday. Thought the evening might be less crowded. Thought wrong. I bought not a single thing, except a train ride for the kids and dinner and a carousel ride for the kids. They also played in the Lego store and played on the mall playground. And then Ethan had a complete breakdown as we were leaving the mall (something that has now become very commonplace in the past couple of weeks). Terrible Two's...here we come.
Saturday we literally watched football all day long and were happy to do it. We took breaks only for eating, potty breaks, diaper changes, temper tantrums, and Miley Cyrus.

Then we headed home on Sunday feeling much more relaxed than we were a few days before! Ah, I love the holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the video clip of Blythe, especially the coaching she's getting from her Daddy! We had such a good Thanksgiving weekend! Can't wait to see all of you at Christmas!!

Gommy