Monday, March 1, 2010

To die for

Here's our conversation at breakfast this morning:

Blythe (telling Daddy): I made this butterfly thing out of sand. I used orange, and purple, and green. Not yellow.

Daddy: It's beautiful

Blythe: Yesterday I played with Ashley at her new house

Daddy: Did you like her new house?

Blythe: Yes. I did like her new house. Did you know one day we're all going to die?

Daddy: (silence...weird look to Mommy)

Mommy: (shrug)

Blythe: One day you're going to die and I'm going to die too. Will we be together when I die?

Daddy: Blythe, it's going to be a really, really long time before that happens.

Mommy: Right. You'll be really old. Older than Gommy.

Blythe: So I'm not going to die in my life?

Daddy: (not quite sure what to say)....No

Blythe: Can I have another cinnamon roll?

Really not sure where she got that. I don't think they talked about it at Ashley's house. They might have discussed it at Sunday school. Anyway, a little much for a 4 year old to take in.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I'm takin' notes, What do you say to that, crazy! Good Job!