Monday, March 29, 2010

Another potty progress report

Yesterday's tally:
2 pair dirty underwear (both wet and poopy)
0 pair dirty pants
2 pull-ups
About 15-20 pee in the potty
2 poops in the potty

So, yes, he pooped 4 times yesterday. Having loose stool/diarrhea isn't the greatest when you are just learning to use the potty.

The day started out really great. We went to Sunday school at church and he went in the potty right when we got there, they took him once in the nursery but he didn't go. When I came to pick him up he was still dry. I took him and he went potty again. He was doing so well I decided to stay for "big church" and let him stay in the nursery and play. During that time, they took him and he went once. So after almost 3 hours at church he was still dry! Yay! Got home and texted Braden that he was still dry for the day and not 30 seconds later he peed and pooped in his undies. Rats. Was hoping he'd make it all the way to naptime. So he was in a pull-up for naptime and it was a little wet afterwards (so he is peeing while he's sleeping). He won't be wearing a pull-up during nap at school, so we'll see how he does with that.

We didn't bother with pants or underwear after nap while the kids played upstairs for a while. When he's got nothing on, he's GREAT. He'll tell me "I needa potty" and then run to his little potty, sit, and go. Later, before we went downstairs, we added underwear to his outfit (no pants). I made dinner while the kids took all the cushions off the couch and made a fort. After a little while, Blythe said, "Mom, come see." And I had my typical response, "hold on a minute, let me finish this". So she said, "no, come quick!". So I went over there and she showed me something green (like Crayola crayon Green) on the cushion. I asked her what it was and she said "poop". What? So I look at Ethan and sure enough, he has green poop running down his legs (coming out of his undies). Yuck!!! So I take him to the bathroom and get him cleaned up. From that point on, he went underwear-less and pant-less and thus had no more accidents. Being underwear-less, he would tell me when he needed to poop so I had time to take him and at that point I was really glad he was toilet-training and I didn't have to change all his poopy diapers.

Anyway, better than Saturday, though not perfect (not that I expected him to be). Since he was pantless for a good portion of the day, it's hard to really compare, but I think we are making progress (until this morning when he peed his pants before we even left the house for school).

Don't worry - I won't have any more progress reports to this detail. I just have to make sure I document how these first couple of days go so I can look back the next time around when I'm potty training #3.

No comments: