Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baby update

Yesterday I went to the doctor for a regular visit. From this point on, I go every 2 weeks. Good news - the protein in my urine had gone down (not completely gone, but defintely better). Blood pressure is still fine, so no sign of preeclampsia right now. I had only gained 2 pounds in the past 3 weeks, which was a nice surprise. Probably had something to do with the stomach bug I had last week. I was measuring a centimeter short, which was also a surprise since I feel like a whale....how could I be SMALLER than I'm supposed to be? Anyway, it's no concern unless I'm at least 3 centimeters short. So, appears baby didn't grow a whole lot in the last 3 weeks. Which probably means baby will be growing A LOT in the next few. Overall I've gained 29 pounds and I'll be 30 weeks along tomorrow. So all is good.

I was very happy that Laura is here visiting since Blythe woke up sick with a fever yesterday morning. She would have been in no shape to go to the doctor with me, so it was nice to have Laura here to keep an eye on her. Basically she just watched movies most of the day. She was clearly feeling better in the afternoon so we headed to the VT baseball game and packed a picnic dinner after we picked up Ethan from school. I thought it was supposed to be sunny, but no luck. Oh well, the kids had a great time running around with the Freel kids. When we first got there, we saw the Hokie Bird. Blythe had brought her hula hoop with her to the game, so the Hokie Bird played with that a while and gave Blythe lots of hugs. Meanwhile Ethan was hiding behind me clutching my legs saying, "Bye Hokie Bird" over and over again.

And in other big news....Ethan peed at the big potty last night...standing up! He acted like he wanted to, so we got out the stool and he stood on it and leaned over and held the back of the potty. He managed to push out a little bit of pee and was very happy with himself. A few more weeks and then it's no more diapers (during the day at least).

No comments: