Wednesday, April 11, 2012

These days with Blythe


Haven't posted much about Blythe recently.  She's still doing ballet once a week, but has told me she doesn't like ballet.  That might change a little today when she gets her costume for her recital in June.  After she puts that on and some makeup for the recital, she might like ballet a little more, but I'm thinking she won't do it again next year.

She did start swimming yesterday though and she couldn't have been more excited.  She's swimming 55 minutes 2 times a week for the next 5 or 6 weeks until summer league starts.  She hadn't swam AT ALL since Labor Day, so I was a little concerned about how she would do.  It was pretty clear it had been a while as she attempted freestyle and had to stop on the wall several times on the first lap.  But after a little while she improved and was so happy the whole time.  She'd smile and wave to me at the end of every lap.  She even seemed excited that her teeth were chattering, so she pointed that out to me.  When they were done after 55 minutes, she was disappointed that it was time to get out.  So, very cool that she's so excited.  I know it has a lot to do with the fact she hasn't swam in 7 months, so we'll see how she likes swimming after this session, then summer league start, then swim camp, then a full summer of swimming.

As she was getting ready for swim practice, she asked me if the clothes she was wearing were from Justice.  For those not in the know, Justice used to be Limited Too and it is very bright and sparkly in that store.  She has one thing from Justice, a long dress we just bought not too long ago.  So anyway, I said no, only the dress was from Justice.  So she said she wanted to wear the dress the next day to school.  I'm a little unprepared for this.  We are only in kindergarten and we are concerned about brand names?  Good grief!  She's also been telling me recently that she's embarrassed by things.  The water bottle I packed in her lunch, or the jacket I made her wear.

So, she's like 6 going on 14.

She also loves art and has had a few new pieces put on her Art link on the right side of the blog.  Check them out!

One of these days maybe she'll learn to ride her bike.  She finally started trying again and blew a tire.  I took it in and they were going to fix that and a few other things and get it back to me in a few days.  That was 8 days ago, so I guess I should call and check.

Lastly, she appears to judge how much fun something is by the number of friends she makes while doing it.  I've sent her to a few camps during school breaks.  The first one she went to was at Marbles.  She said it was "ok" because she only made 1 friend.  On the first day of Spring Break, she went to another camp at Marbles.  She appeared to like that one better because she made 2 friends.  Last week she went to a Cheerleading camp (because my friend won a free week of camp, but her kids are too young to use it).  She liked that one quite a bit, not really because of the cheerleading or the gymnastics, but because she made 3 friends.

Overall, she is a very vivacious, beautiful, smart, loving young girl and I'm so lucky to have her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so much fun!! Can't wait to see her this weekend. And Poppa and I ares SO impressed with her art work, especially the latest piece!

I love you, Blythe!!!

Gommy