Friday, August 5, 2011

Puddle Jumper...how I love thee



It's a little big for Brynn (she can't get Cheetos in her mouth while wearing because her hand can't reach her mouth), but I've had her start wearing Ethan's puddle jumper and now pool visits are SO much easier (especially when it's just me and the 3 kiddos). Now I don't have to chase Brynn around every second. In the baby pool, she can fall in and get back up. In the big pool, she likes to be close to me anyway but is really enjoying learning how to float in this thing and understands that this magic green monster will give her independence at the pool.

Ethan no longer needs it. That's right, he's been swimming like a crazy man. He can't really swim very far (about 5 yards max), but he can play in the 2.5 foot area and he can even jump off the diving board and swim to the side. I'd get a video, but I have to hold Brynn while Ethan jumps off and I have to sit right on the side in case I need to stick my leg out for him to grab onto because he usually forgets to breathe after he jumps off and comes back up to the surface.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wish we were there to go to the pool with you guys this weekend :(

lynette said...

Way to go Ethan! And we too love the puddle jumper. I almost posted a blog about it the other day too. What a great invention!!

A few Hicks said...

I'd never seen this! I just ordered it on Amazon and with Amazon Prime (which may deserve its own Things I Love post), it will be here on Friday!!! Grant will get at LEAST 4 weeks of wear out of it before summer is over!