Monday, October 25, 2010

5 months!



Brynn was 5 months old yesterday! She's still a super GREAT baby, very chill and

go-with-the-flow. She can be happy just sitting on someone's lap (usually mine) for a long, long, time. Here's what she's up to:

  • I weighed her on our super-unreliable bathroom scale and she is approx. 16 pounds. Length - have no idea
  • Wearing size 2 diapers and officially out of anything 3-6 month or 6 month sized. Now into the 6-9 month and 6-12 month (though these are usually a little big).
  • She started with rice cereal this month. Went okay for about a week and then it was yucky. So she has also tried banana, applesauce, and peaches baby food mixed in with the cereal. She's also tried oatmeal baby cereal. She may also have tried a bite of my chocolate frosty from Wendy's (bad mom!). Yesterday she tried applesauce by itself. Overall, I'd say she's not the biggest fan of food.
  • This month she rolled over! Only once as far as I can tell (unless she did it again at day care late last week).
  • Loves her feet and trying to eat her toes
  • I think she might be working on a tooth. She makes a fish face all the time now like she's trying to feel her bottom gum. That and she has her fingers in her mouth all the time.
  • I thought she'd be out of her baby bathtub by now, but she's not. I tried it once in the big bathtub with the bath seat and had Blythe in there too. She screamed the whole time. I think she was cold because I fill up her baby bathtub so even her shoulders are under water. Hmm.
  • She's probably ready to sit in a high chair at a restaurant, but these days we only do drive-thrus. Usually Brynn is too tired at dinner time to even attempt sitting in an establishment (even if it is Taco Bell usually).
  • Speaking of that, the past few days she's been so tired at about 6 o'clock in the evening, that she has to take a 30 minute nap (while someone is holding her). Then I bathe her and feed her and then she hangs out for about 45 minutes before going to bed. This helps avoid a 6am wake up, but kind of makes fixing dinner difficult.
  • She can sit without support for a few seconds before falling over. She's good with a boppy around her.
  • If I put her on her tummy with my leg under her or a small pillow under her, she tries to crawl, but I don't think she's all that close to actually crawling.

So anyway, that's about it. Another month went by way too fast!

2 comments:

lynette said...

Cuter and cuter every month! Happy 5 months!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to acknowledge her being 5 monts old yesterday. So sweet, but time is going by too fast!

Gommy